It Could Be So Much Worse
Photo Credit : Brittney Burnett
Two and a half weeks into this process, so far so good. Sure - there are bad days - but there are also good ones. And when the bad ones happen, I don’t have to look far to find people fighting a much harder battle. Not just with the kind of cancer, how much cancer, how long they have been fighting it … the stories of strong positive people abound.
Take this video of the artist Tracy Emin talking about her fight just last year.
But one even closer to home … a young lady I met just last week.
- 32 years old, single and had to leave her 4 children at home ( the eldest is 18 - let that sink in for a few minutes ).
- Home is an entirely different country … a couple of thousand miles away.
- Her mother died just three days before she flew out of the country.
- She is here all by herself, staying in a local hotel.
- This is her sixth week of treatment .. chemo and radiotherapy every day.
- Ovarian cancer.
Through all of that … smiling, staying positive and willing herself to win this battle.